No one likes getting their winter energy bill, but you can keep yours in check with any of these smart thermostats your home needs. With tech that senses your presence and alerts you of open windows, they help your home stay at just the right temperature.
For a thermostat that takes care of all the details, check out the Amazon Smart Thermostat. You can pretty much set it and forget it.
If you don’t use central heat, don’t worry. This list also has smart thermostats for radiators and air conditioning units. Let’s check them all out.
1. The Amazon Smart Thermostat senses whether you’re home and adjusts the temperature accordingly. And, of course, it works with Alexa.
Amazon Smart Thermostat on a wall
The cool thing about the Amazon Smart Thermostat is that you don’t have to bother with it much. Its Hunch feature automatically adjusts your home’s temperature when it detects that you’re there. Otherwise, control it via a connected Amazon device or Alexa.
Preorder it for $59.99 on Amazon.
2. The ecobee3 lite smart Wi-Fi thermostat saves you money every year by heating and cooling your home when electricity is cheaper.
ecobee3 lite on a white wall
Talk about smart: the ecobee3 lite smart Wi-Fi thermostat automatically heats and cools your home when electricity is at the best price. It also learns your route and suggests changes that work with your schedule.
Get it for $179.99 on the official website.
3. The Nest Thermostat 2020 is more affordable than its predecessors and delivers a savings of up to 15% on energy bills.
Nest Thermostat 2020 in a room with a plant
Reduce your electricity bills with another of our favorite smart thermostats your home needs: the Nest Thermostat 2020. It’s simple to use and doesn’t automatically learn your schedule. That way, you get even more control. It also connects with smart home assistants.
Get it for $99.99 on the official website.
4. The Wyze Thermostat smart heating & cooling system is compatible with voice assistants and the Wyze app.
Wyze Thermostat and a hand
For a smart thermostat that’s versatile, go for the Wyze Thermostat smart heating & cooling system. It works with voice assistants, connects with the Wyze app, and mounts on the wall like a standard thermostat.
Get it for $70.99 on the official website.
5. The tado° Smart Thermostat V3+ helps you live more sustainably by reminding you to close open windows and turn down the heat.
tado° Smart Thermostat V3+ in an apartment
It’s easier to reduce your carbon output when you have reminders. And the tado° Smart Thermostat V3+ provides them thanks to its Geofencing feature. It gets to know your routine, helping you live more comfortably and affordably.
Get it for about $245.
6. The Cielo Breez Plus smart air conditioner controller works as a thermostat to adjust the cooling or heating to your comfort.
Cielo Breez Plus in a living room
If you use an air conditioning unit to cool your house, go for the Cielo Breez Plus smart air conditioner controller. It’s Wi-Fi enabled and works with AC units that have a remote control. It lets you manage your air conditioner’s settings whenever, wherever.
Get it for $109 on the official website.
7. The tado° Smart Radiator Thermostat V3+ home heating system works with your smartphone to set heating and cooling schedules.
tado° Smart Radiator Thermostat V3+ on a radiator
If your home has radiators, the tado° Smart Radiator Thermostat V3+ home heating system is an excellent option. It lets you control your home’s temperature from anywhere, sets routines, and even detects if your windows are open.
Get it for about $163.
8. The ecobee4 room-sensing Alexa thermostat keeps the temperature even throughout the house. So no more cold spots.
ecobee4 room-sensing Alexa thermostat indoors
Another of our favorite smart thermostats for your home is the ecobee4 room-sensing Alexa thermostat. It works with Alexa and has a sensor that monitors cold and hot spots. Use its microphones to ask about the weather, order groceries, and more.
Get it for $249.99 on the official website.
9. The Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation reduces energy costs. It’s ENERGY STAR certified and works around your schedule.
Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation in Stainless Steel
For a smart thermostat that adapts to your life and the season, look no further than the Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation. It works with your phone to know when you’re away and learns the temperatures you like.
Get it for $229.
10. The Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat works with sensors, letting you adjust the temperature in the rooms that matter.
Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat in use
Finally, the Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat is another convenient thermostat because it plays well with other devices. Pair it with Alexa, Google, Cortana, and Apple HomeKit. Best of all, it helps you keep the temperature uniform throughout the entire house.
Get it for $179.99 on the official website.
Your home will be winter ready with any of the smart thermostats on this list. Have you purchased a smart thermostat recently? Let us know in the comments how it worked out for you.
Want more tech news, reviews, and guides from Gadget Flow? Follow us on Apple News, Google News, Feedly, and Flipboard. If you use Flipboard, you should definitely check out our Curated Stories. We publish three new stories every day, so make sure to follow us to stay updated!
No one likes getting their winter energy bill, but you can keep yours in check with any of these smart thermostats your home needs. With tech that senses your presence and alerts you of open windows, they help your home..Read MoreGadget Flow